1. Purpose of Information Collected. Direct Line Global collects Customer Registration Data in order to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Direct Line Global only collects Customer Registration Data about you that it considers necessary for achieving this purpose.
2. Information Collected. You can browse this Site without telling Direct Line Global who you are or revealing any Customer Registration Data about yourself. During your visit, Direct Line Global automatically tracks certain information based upon your behavior on this Site. Direct Line Global uses this information to do internal research on its users’ interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether the URL is on this Site or not), your computer browser information, your computer operating system and your IP address.
Direct Line Global uses data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of this Sites to help analyze its web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. Cookies are small files placed on your hard drive. Direct Line Global offers certain features that are only available through the use of a cookie. Most cookies are “session cookies” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although in that case you may not be able to use certain features on this Sites and you may be required to reenter your password more frequently during a session.
If you choose to use Direct Line Global’s services, we require you to provide contact and identity information, billing information (including credit card information), shipping information and other Customer Registration Data as indicated on the forms throughout this Site (collectively “Customer Registration Data”).
3. Our Use of Your Information. Direct Line Global uses your Customer Registration Data to facilitate the services you request. We use your Customer Registration Data in the file we maintain about you and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on this Sites to: resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote security; inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect against error, fraud and other criminal activity; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
You agree that Direct Line Global may use your Customer Registration Data to contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, are targeted to your interests, such as marketing literature, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of this Site.
If you do not wish to receive these communications, you can “opt out” of the receipt of follow up communications on the email notification or make changes to your notification preferences at any time as detailed in Section 7.
5. Security. Direct Line Global is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the Customer Registration Data that you provide. Your information is stored on Direct Line Global’s servers located in Fremont, California, United States of America. We use procedural and technical safeguards to protect your Customer Registration Data, including encryption, “firewalls” and Secure Socket Layers, against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure.
6. Control of Your Password. You are responsible for all actions taken with your User ID and password, including changes or access to your account. Therefore we recommend that you do not disclose your User ID and password to any third parties. If you choose to share your User ID and password or your Customer Registration Data with third parties, you are responsible for all actions taken with your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your Customer Registration Data and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf.
If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password as detailed in Section 7.
7. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Customer Registration Data. Direct Line Global offers you the ability to automatically review and change the information you submit to us by going the preferences and setup section in User Preference on Direct Line Global’s customer web sites and entering in the new information yourself. You must promptly update your Customer Registration Data if it changes or is inaccurate.
Upon your request, Direct Line Global will deactivate your account, contact information, billing information, shipping information, and financial information from its active databases. To make this request, [email protected]. Such information will be deactivated as soon as reasonably possible based on your account activity and in accordance with its deactivation policy and applicable law. Direct Line Global will retain in our files some Customer Registration Data to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce itsagreement and comply with legal requirements as is permitted by law.